Per usual, I had some chicken breasts lying around. I also had some frozen veggies. If this sounds familiar, that may be because you're a loyal reader (have I mentioned that I love you?) and you might be thinking of my similarly spontaneous Nutty Noodles. That dish was a little more sweet,than what I was craving at this particular moment. I wanted the same thing only different...perhaps with some heat!
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 Tbsp fat of choice (I used coconut oil because it's my fave...especially in Asian dishes!)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4-5 medium green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- Sriracha, to taste (I used about 1/4 tsp...Dave dumped some more on later)
- 1/2 c fresh basil, minced
- Sauté chicken in oil. Remove from pan.
- Cook onions and garlic until fragrant, using the same pan.
- Add peas and broccoli to pan, reduce heat and cover. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water so they steam properly. Cook just until crisp and bright green...you don't want to overdo it!
- Add sauces and return chicken to pan. Stir well to combine.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until flavors meld. Stir in basil.
Just so you know this recipe is only 4 WeightWatchers PointsPlus per serving, so go ahead and add that rice! Yay for veggies!
What do you like to include in your stir fry dishes?