So here's how it works:
- Post the rules.
- Tag up to eleven bloggers by posting links to their blogs, and let them know.
- Create eleven questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Answer the questions your tagger posed for you.
- Have fun!
1. Is there anything you are looking forward to when your child hits their next stage of childhood? If you are childless, is there anything you are really looking forward to about having children?
We don't have kids yet, but we hope to be parents some day. When that time comes, I'm most looking forward to watching our kids' personalities develop. I think it's so interesting how babies start to develop facial expressions, then those faces become reactions, then those reactions become personality quirks. Watching a brain develop as the baby learns to sit, stand, crawl, and walk must be really exciting, but I imagine watching a mind form has got to be even more amazing.
2. What would your dream house have that is a unique expression of yourself?
A library with a sliding ladder - it's the ultimate dream of any Disney geek who loves Belle for her brain.
3. What's your favorite TV show nowadays?
Thursday nights are always my favorite. I'm thrilled Community is back, and of course I love 30 Rock and Parks & Rec. My favorite among those three varies weekly.
4. What do you secretly love about your significant other that they may not know you love? If you are single, what do you look for in a partner?
This may sound so silly, but I love how big of a nerd Dave is. He's active on the UCF message boards, he loves Star Wars, and he plays video games. Growing up, my geeky side was always something I tried to downplay so that I'd fit in. I love that I don't have to do that with him.
5. What really annoys you in a relationship?
In any relationship, I think space is important. I highly value independence, and it drives me crazy when people are clingy. At the same time, I'm a very social person, and it bothers me when people come across too distant or standoffish. The people in my life who I'm close with have found that happy medium of space that I need in my relationships.
6. What got you into blogging?
The short answer is Weddingbee, but the long answer is that I've been blogging long before that. Weddingbee turned blogging into a habitual hobby, and it made blogging part of my weekly routine. Before that, though, I had a cooking blog that I updated occasionally. I started it for fun because my friend Sara told me that I should. She's always been so supportive when it comes to my need for creativity, and she thought blogging would be a good way to channel it.
7. How do you feel about kids on leashes?
I used to think it was hilarious. Now that I'm getting older and have friends who are parents, I suppose I can understand the appeal. Still, I'm hoping we'll be able to avoid it with our future kids.
8. What is something embarrassing you've done lately (or seen happen to another person)?
This isn't so much embarrassing as it is awkward. We were watching our wedding video the other day (to celebrate our anniversary) and I noticed that I passed my bouquet back and forth to my sister about twelve times. I think I just felt anxious and didn't know what to do with my hands.
9. Do you have April Fools plans?
I had some good ideas, but we had such a busy weekend doing yard work that it totally slipped my mind! I guess I'll just have to add to the to do list for next year...
10. Do you still celebrate your birthday?
11. How much time do you spend on facebook?
Not as much as I used to. Pinterest is more of a time suck for me nowadays.
Now, I've created eleven questions for some of my favorite bloggers! Those fabulous blogs are:
- Concrete Jane
- Love & Renovations
- Oh Lordy!
- Marsh Mellow Goodness
- Makes Me Blush
- The Fix-Its
- The Nest Chapter
- Heart on Homestead
- Life, Enjoyed
- Okie Twang
Finally, here are my questions for those amazing writers:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What's your blogging routine? Do you just post whenever the inspiration strikes? Or do you have a schedule or system worked out?
- What's the best food you've ever eaten?
- What kind of travel plans do you have for the rest of 2012?
- What's your favorite thing about the city where you live?
- When someone asks you where you're from, do you tell them the place you were born, the place you grew up, or the place where you currently live?
- What project are you most proud of? It could be anything from crafting to home renovations!
- What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
- What's your favorite book?
- What are you most looking forward to about this summer?
- What kind of exercise do you most enjoy?
Alright kids, go share the bloggy love!