Before we reveal our big winner for the month of July, let's recap a bit, shall we?
- To commemorate America and ring in the month, y'all shared your favorite Fourth of July memories. We loved hearing about your exhilarating travels and happy families.
- On July 8th, we asked for the best advice you've ever been given. From movie quotes to famous thinkers, from rethinking what you've always known to encountering something new, you all truly inspired us with your words.
- We jammed out with another positivity playlist on July 15th, this time looking for the tunes that pick you up when you're down. We had classics like The Beatles and Singin' In The Rain, alongside modern hits like Mumford & Sons and Pink. I'm definitely adding some of these to my iPod!
- You really seemed to love our July 22nd prompt asking for your favorite feel good movies - we had a whopping 22 responses! Love Actually was the front runner, not surprisingly, followed by movies from our childhood, movies to pump us up, and a whole lot of Disney.
- And finally, last week we got to hear your most embarrassing moments. We had some good "That's What She Said"s and some excellent public displays of stupidity, but some of you agreed with me that embarrassment just isn't worth the energy. It's better to just laugh it off!
Without further ado, I'm pleased to announce this month's Freeking Winner! The random number generator chose a number for us...
...so we turned to our handy dandy spreadsheet to see that the lucky Freek was...
... Emily! She wrote about D2, Freedom Writers, and Despicable Me - all wonderfully upbeat movies! I highly recommend her blog, Write Twenty Eleven. It's chock full of positivity, love, and some wonderful thoughts on education!
Emily will receive a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in her name, as well as some Peanut Butter Smores Bites! As for the rest of you, you've got another freeking month to participate! Augusts's first topic is:
If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
A new month means a new giveaway! Every time you post, tweet or comment in the month of August, you'll be entered to win some Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies and a contribution to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in your name. There are four Fridays in August, so if you blog, tweet, and comment every week, you'll be entered twelve times!
Hop to it, Freek Nation! See you on Friday!