This dish was extra exciting for us recently because I found some cumin-infused gouda at Alon's, my favorite local specialty grocer. (That place is amazing; they even have their own fromager!) I'll be lucky if I can ever find it there again, but I'm sure grated gouda with a dash of cumin would be almost as good.
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
- leftover grilled chicken breasts (about 3 oz per quesadilla)
- tortillas of your choice
- grated cheese of your choice (we used gouda)
- cumin to taste
- additional seasoning of your choice - we used fresh cilantro and jalapeños from our garden!
- Shred or chop up the chicken, and place in a large bowl. Toss with cheese and spices/herbs.
- Tear a piece of aluminum foil about twice the size of your tortilla. Place the tortilla on top of the foil. Spoon desired amount of chicken mixture on top of tortilla.
- Fold the foil like you're closing a book so that it folds the tortilla and envelops the chicken. Pinch the edges of the foil so that it "seals."
- Place your foil pockets on the grill for 2-5 minutes or until chicken is reheated and cheese melts.
- Unwrap your quesadillas and slice with a pizza cutter.
- Serve with salsa and/or guacamole.
What's your favorite grilling recipe?